SHAKSHUKA WITH ROASTED RED & YELLOW PEPPERS AND FETA
This is our favourite recipe for the classic Shakshuka featuring Odysea’s heirloom tomatoes and roasted red peppers.
A simple combination of gently spiced tomato sauce and lightly poached eggs topped with crumbled feta, traditionally served as a healthy breakfast but we think it’s perfect for a weekend brunch or simple week-day supper dish
- Heat 4tbsp of olive oil in a deep frying pan and add the sliced onion with a large pinch of salt, cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Crush the garlic and add to the pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil and cook for two minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add the spices, stir well and then add the jars of pressed tomato followed by two jars of water (use the pressed tomato jar), simmer.
- Slice the peppers and add to the pan and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Once the sauce has reduced a little and has good flavour, add the drained beans, stir and season. If you need to add a little more water then do.
- Make little wells with the back of a spoon and drop in the eggs one by one.
- Cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat down to let the eggs cook, for 3 minutes.
- Spoon over the yogurt, crumble over the feta and sprinkle on the herbs.
- Serve with crusty bread