Fried Saganaki Cheese with Figs, Honey, Oregano & Almonds
A delicious Greek take on the classic cheese & fig combination. Omit oregano or almonds or substitute them for different herbs and nuts if you like.
- 200g or 1 packet of Odysea Saganaki Cheese
- 75g plain flour for dredging
- 1 free range egg, beaten
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 ripe figs
- Greek honey to serve
- 1 sprig of fresh oregano
- 25g skin on almonds, roughly chopped
- Place the cheese under running water and then dredge in flour, shaking of the excess.
- Pre heat a large heavy bottomed pan and add the oil. Dip the cheese into the egg and fry in the hot oil over medium heat until golden on either side.
- Carefully remove the cheese and drain on absorbent paper. Top with torn figs, drizzle with honey, sprinkle with oregano and almonds, serve immediately.