Saganaki Cheese with Avocado, Chilli & Tomatoes on Toast
- 1 pack Odysea Saganaki Kefalotyri Cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 vine tomato, sliced
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 slices of sourdough
- Olive oil for frying
- 50g flour for dredging
- Toast the sourdough and set aside keeping warm.
- Place the cheese under running water then dredge in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Pre-heat a heavy-bottomed pan and add the oil.
- When the oil is hot add the cheese and fry for a few minutes on both sides until nicely coloured.
- Whilst the cheese is frying mash the avocado with a fork, season with sea salt & pepper and spread on the toast.
- Top with a layer of tomato slices.
- Remove the cheese from the pan and place on top of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes and drizzle with olive oil.
- Scatter with torn basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.