Roast veg lentil harissa bake with ‘cheese’ & croutons
100g cashews soaked for at least 2 hrs
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
To roast the veg;
2 red peppers chopped
1 courgette sliced
1 aubergine sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
For the bake;
1 large leek chopped into slices
2 tbsp Odysea PDO Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cloves garlic sliced
6 tomatoes chopped roughly
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 tsp Odysea balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Odysea harissa
200G Agrino fine lentils
900ml veg stock
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Pinch chilli flakes -optional
3 slices Sourdough chopped up into cubes
Pinch sea salt flakes
To make the bake;
- Pre -heat your oven to 180C
- Add the chopped veg to a large baking tray with the olive oil and salt
- Bake for 30-35 minutes -set aside
- In a large pan, add the oil and leeks and fry until soft and caramelising.
- Now add the garlic and stir.
- Add the tomatoes, spices, balsamic, tomato purée and harissa.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Now add the lentils and stock, simmer for 25 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Stir in the roast veg and seasonal well and stir in the thyme.
To make the croutons;
- Add the bread to a baking tray along with the olive oil and sea salt.
- Toss to combine.
- Bake for 15 minutes until crispy.
To make the cashew cheese;
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blitz until very smooth
- Pre heat your oven to 180c
- Transfer veggie mix to a medium roasting pan.
- Add the croutons over the mix and and press into the mix.
- Dollop in spoons of the cashew cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil & balsamic over the top