Htipiti, Flame Roasted Red Peppers & Feta Dip
A traditional Greek meze dip. Ideal as an appetiser served with grilled pita bread, olives and a round of drinks.
- 300g red onions, peeled
- 120ml Odysea Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 450g Odysea Flame Roasted Red Peppers
- 400g Odysea Organic Feta cheese
- 1/4 bunch thyme, picked
- sea salt & freshly grounded black pepper
- Cut the onions in half, brush them with olive oil, season and roast for about 30 minutes or until soft.
- Let them cool down then chop them coarsely.
- Dice the peppers by hand and mix with chopped onions.
- Crumble the feta cheese and add it to the pepper and onion mix. Add the remaining olive oil and thyme and mix everything together.
- Serve with grilled pita bread.
Take care not to over mix as it will only turn into a paste and this is not the desired consistency, small chunks of feta should still be visible.
Find more Greek recipes here.