Braised Artichokes and Peas
Ideal for a light lunch or as a vegetarian side dish, works perfectly with either fresh or frozen vegetables.
Stewed Artichokes and Peas can be served hot or at room temperature.
- 450g frozen artichokes (or the equivalent amount of fresh)
- 450g frozen peas
- 4-5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 4 very generous tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 560ml water
- In a large saucepan, gently fry the spring onions in olive oil in moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Add peas and lemon juice, place the artichokes on top, cover with water & season with salt & sugar.
- Cover the pan and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed and only the oil is left on top.
- Sprinkle with dill and serve hot or at room temperature.
After you take the pan off heat, finish the dish with a good drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.