SAGANAKI CHEESE WITH AVOCADO, CHILLI & TOMATOES ON TOAST
1 pack Odysea Saganaki Kefalotyri Cheese
1 ripe avocado
1 vine tomato, sliced
4 fresh basil leaves
pinch of chilli flakes
2 slices of sourdough
Olive oil for frying
50g flour for dredging
- Toast the sourdough and set aside keeping warm.
- Place the cheese under running water then dredge in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Pre-heat a heavy-bottomed pan and add the oil.
- When the oil is hot add the cheese and fry for a few minutes on both sides until nicely coloured.
- Whilst the cheese is frying mash the avocado with a fork, season with sea salt & pepper and spread on the toast.
- Top with a layer of tomato slices.
- Remove the cheese from the pan and place on top of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes and drizzle with olive oil.
- Scatter with torn basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.