Roast Peppers, Potato & Olive Stew
A delicious vegan stew that makes the most of a few great store-cupboard staples.
Roasted red peppers, pressed tomatoes, olives and harissa combined with potatoes and fresh herbs all drizzled with extra virgin olive – just like a plateful of warm mediterranean flavours!
Try serving with our houmous and sweet roasted red pepper dip and pita bread for a wonderful sharing meal to enjoy with friends and good conversation!
- 3 tbsp Odysea Organic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red onion chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 potatoes peeled and sliced into cubes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Odysea harissa
- Odysea heirloom pressed tomatoes
- 200ml water
- 1 jar Odysea flame roasted red peppers drained
- 1/2 jar Odysea Conservolia Olives
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Black pepper
- Handful fresh mint chopped
- Handful fresh thyme
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp of coconut yogurt or coconut cream
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Fresh herbs – thyme and mint
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and add in the onion, fry on a low to medium heat until soft and slightly browning. Add in the garlic and cook for a further few minutes.
- Add the paprika and cumin seeds, stir to combine – fry for a further few minutes.
- Next add the potatoes and harissa paste and cook for aprox 5 minutes
- Now add the crushed tomatoes and water, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the roasted peppers and olives and simmer for a further 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Finally season with salt, pepper and stir in the fresh thyme and mint.
- Top with some olive oil, coconut yogurt and sprinkle with chilli flakes and fresh herbs.
Serve with dollops of Odysea Houmous, Odysea Roasted red pepper dip & pita bread