Pine Honey & Raspberry Mini Cakes
You can use any type of honey available in the cupboard for this recipe but the subtle sweetness of Odysea Pine & Fir Tree Honey really goes well with the tartness of raspberry. Yields 24 cakes.
You will need a 12-hole shallow bun tin.
- 2 eggs
- 70g caster sugar
- 40g Odysea Pine & Fir Tree Honey
- 100g melted unsalted butter
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g self raising flour
- 200g raspberries
- 1 tbsp slivered pistachios or flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 190C - Fan 170C
- With an electric whisk, beat together the eggs, sugar and honey for one minute.
- Add the melted butter, almonds & flour and whisk again until smooth.
- Grease the tin with a little butter.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of the mix in each hole leaving a space of 0.5 cm at the top for the cakes to rise.
- Add a raspberry to each cake and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until just golden brown and firm to touch.
- Brush each cake with a little melted honey, remove from the tin and bake the second batch.
The cakes will keep for up to three days in an airtight container.