1 cup olive oil
1 cup orange juice
4 cups (approx.) self-raising flour
1 tsp salt
2 cups Kalamata or Green olives, or a mixture of both, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
5 spring onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
Sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix the orange juice and oil together in a large bowl and add the flour, using enough flour to form a smooth, pliable dough. Leave to rest for ½ hour while you prepare the filling.
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Fry the spring onions in olive oil until transparent, add the olives and stir over the heat. Add pepper and mint, mix well and remove from the heat.
- Take the dough and split into 3 equal pieces.
- Form 1 piece into an oblong ‘loaf’ shape and flatten. Place ⅓ of the filling along the length of the dough and fold the dough over the filling to close. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, with the seam facing down.
- Repeat for the other 2 pieces of dough.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or when the loaves become a golden colour.