Mushroom, Potato and Celeriac Dauphinoise
The addition of sautéed mushrooms and celeriac take this traditional potato dish to another level. Great served with a green salad for a vegetarian mid-week meal or as an accompaniment to weekend roasts.
- 1 x 270g jar of ODYSEA Sautéed Mushrooms
- 1 small celeriac (650g)
- 3 large Maris Piper/King Edward potatoes (650g)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300ml double cream
- 300ml milk
- 30g Parmesan
- Small bunch of thyme (5g)
- 20g butter
- Preheat oven to 180C Fan
- Drain the mushrooms and thinly slice.
- Peel the potatoes and celeriac and then cut the celeriac in half. Slice thinly with a sharp knife or on a mandolin.
- Layer the potato slices on the base of theory overlapping each piece slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper and scatter over a few sprigs of thyme and some mushrooms. Repeat with a layer of celeriac.
- Keep alternating the layers and then mix together the crushed garlic, milk and double cream and pour all over.
- Dot the butter over the top and grate over the Parmesan.
- Place in the oven for 50mins/1hr or until golden brown and cooked through, leave to stand for 15 minutes before serving.