Large Lamb Imam Lasagna
From Diana Lutfi, London
- 200g lamb mince
- 2 jars of Odysea Roasted Aubergine Imam
- 1/2 jar of Passata (approx 350g) – try Odysea Tomata Perasti
- 2 cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- glass of red wine
- 1 bag of chestnut mushrooms
- Fresh Basil (add to taste)
- Fresh lasagna sheets:
- Béchamel sauce (jar or made fresh)
- Cheese of choice (I like goats cheese on top of this lasagna) – however this tastes good without cheese for those looking for a healthier option
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC / Gas Mark 4
- This does not need much else due to the rich flavours of the Imam and lamb together so don’t keep adding more things (e.g. Worcester sauce, mixed herbs, more garlic etc) like you would in a regular lasagna.
- Fry the lamb mince in a non stick pan with the garlic (no need to add more oil) and simmer with the red wine until this reduces.
- Add the 2 jars of Aubergine Imam and the half jar of Passata, stir and simmer for 10 minutes and then add the chopped mushrooms and fresh basil (crush and chop the basil for maximum flavour infusion).
- Simmer for another 20-30 minutes (keep stirring) and then layer in a dish with the lasagna sheets, top with Béchamel sauce and top again with cheese if desired.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 180ºC and leave to stand for at least half an hour before serving for the best consistency.