KEFALOTYRI SAGANAKI & POTATO GNOCCHI
About 30 sage leaves
200ml extra virgin olive oil
4x80g Odysea Saganaki Kefolotyri cheese
150g all purpose flour
A good knob of butter
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Rub the sage leaves in your hands to release the flavour then fry them for a few seconds till they darken slightly then drain on kitchen paper
- Cook gnocchi in boiling water until they rise to the surface, drain and transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Dip the cheese into ice cold water and then in flour to cover all sides. Repeat and shake off excess flour.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the cheese till golden on all sides, turning when necessary.
- Place the gnocchi in a serving bowl, add the pan-fried cheese, crush the sage leaves in your hands and scatter over. Serve immediately with some lemon and freshly ground pepper.