Grilled Mushrooms with Manouri Cheese
A lovely supper recipe for cooler evenings or for a light lunch. Works well with any mushroom variety; we chose a mix of oyster and button mushrooms.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a frying pan and add the crushed garlic
- Meanwhile prepare your mushrooms. Wipe clean and quarter then place in the hot pan to sauté.
- Mushrooms need 10-15 minutes. Just before they are ready add the balsamic vinegar and let it cook off. Stir in the parsley and set aside.
- Heat the griddle pan on medium high heat. Brush the manouri with a bit of olive oil and cook for 3-4 minutes each side.
- To serve, use a platter for the sautéed mushrooms and rest the grilled manouri on top.