Feta and spinach toastie
For a quick lunch, sandwich feta with wilted spinach and you’ve got a decadent Spanakopita-style toastie that serves 2.
- Place a large frying pan onto a medium-high heat, adding two tablespoons of olive oil then adding the onions and stir well to make sure they are all fully coated in the oil. Saute the onions for 10 minutes moving occasionally until they get the little bit of colour and are completely softened. Then add the spinach, stir well and cook down for a further 3 to 4 minutes in order to wilt the spinach completely add in a generous pinch of pepper and salt to your taste.
- Place the two slices of bread onto the bench, and spread 3 tablespoons of the feta and yoghurt spread onto two of the slices to fully cover it. Then once the spinach and onions are fully cooked place them onto the other slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich, the feta and the yoghurt slice on top of the spinach and onion slice. Take a piece of kitchen paper and gently dry the pan.
- In a separate bowl mix together the mayonnaise and the Nigella seeds. Then take the bread and on the outside of the sandwich use a knife to spread the mixture evenly over the bread. Then place the sandwich mayonnaise side down into the pan and use the remaining mayonnaise to spread the other side.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until golden Brown and then flip over the sandwiches. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes and then remove them from a pan.