Deep Fried Olives with Red Pepper & Feta Meze
- 1 jar of Odysea organic mixed stuffed olives, drained
- 25g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 50g panko breadcrumbs
- 500ml sunflower oil, or any other neutral oil
- 1/2 jar of Odysea roasted red pepper and feta meze
- Dry the olives well on kitchen paper and mix the chilli flakes with the panko breadcrumbs. Dip each olive first in the plain flour, then in the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs. Once all the olives are breaded heat the oil in a heavy based large saucepan to 180.c or until a piece of bread browns in 20 seconds.
- Once the oil has heated fry the olives in batches for 20 seconds, until crisp and golden. Using a slotted spoon drain on kitchen paper, season with flaky sea salt then serve alongside the roasted red pepper and feta meze.