December 2, 2020
Date Molasses Pumpkin With Couscous
- Preheat the oven at 200°C. Cut the pumpkin in two, remove all seeds and fibers and cut the pumpkin in thick slices. We kept the skins on, but feel free to remove them.
- Place the pumpkin slices on a baking tray and make a date molasses dressing using the olive oil and half the date molasses, salt pepper, a bit of thyme and chilli flakes. Bake for 35-40 minutes till the pumpkin slices are soft to the prick of your fork.
- Cook the couscous and make sure you break it with a fork. Add a drizzle of olive oil, the rest of the date molasses, chopped parsley, almond flakes and chopped dates. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once your pumpkin is ready, place the slices on top of the couscous.
- It’s great as lunch or a side to roasts.