Date Molasses Pumpkin With Couscous
1 small pumpkin, approx. 1 kg
100 ml Odysea extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsp Odysea date molasses
4-5 fresh sprigs of thyme
100 gr couscous
5-6 medjool dates, chopped
2-3 tbspn flaked almonds
7-8 sprigs of parsley, leaves only
- Preheat the oven at 200°C. Cut the pumpkin in two, remove all seeds and fibers and cut the pumpkin in thick slices. We kept the skins on, but feel free to remove them.
- Place the pumpkin slices on a baking tray and make a date molasses dressing using the olive oil and half the date molasses, salt pepper, a bit of thyme and chilli flakes. Bake for 35-40 minutes till the pumpkin slices are soft to the prick of your fork.
- Cook the couscous and make sure you break it with a fork. Add a drizzle of olive oil, the rest of the date molasses, chopped parsley, almond flakes and chopped dates. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once your pumpkin is ready, place the slices on top of the couscous.
- It’s great as lunch or a side to roasts.