Chocolate Sorbet with Olive Oil, Honey & Black Pepper
- 500ml water
- 125g cocoa powder
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 100g dark chocolate chips, preferably 54.5%
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A generous drizzle of wild thyme & fragrant herb honey
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly grounded black pepper
- Heat the water in a saucepan to almost boiling point then add sugar and cocoa powder and stir until everything is mixed and there are no lumps
- Add the chocolate and stir until it melts
- Add the cinnamon and salt then mix well.
- Leave the mixture to sit in the fridge for a few hours to make sure the flavours mature and it cools down properly.
- Churn it in an ice-cream maker and store in the freezer.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of honey, olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.