Carob, tahini & olive oil granola bars
This recipe by Sara Kiyo Popowa, aka @shisodelicious, uses carob molasses along with our Greek Early Harvest extra virgin olive oil and tahini to make chewy crumbly bars with natural sweetness.
The star of the show though is the carob caramel! As Sara says, "The easiest thing ever, a traditional way of eating these two indigenous plant foods – just stir molasses and tahini together to the sweetness you like!"
- Turn your oven on to 180°C and line a deep baking tin with baking paper (I used a 18x18 square tin).
- In a bowl, stir together olive oil, molasses and tahini.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine well.
- Pack the mixture down tightly in the tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes until slightly browned. Cool in the tin. Once completely cool carefully remove from the tin and cut into slices of choice.
- To make the caramel, just stir molasses and tahini together to the sweetness you like.
- Serve with the carob caramel.