Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta, Dates & Feta
- 25g salted butter
- 120g piece of thick pancetta, rind removed and chopped into thick lardons
- 500g Brussel sprouts, halved and outer leaves removed
- 4 organic Medjool dates, stone removed and chopped
- 100g 100% Sheep’s Milk Odysea Feta, crumbled
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pancetta lardons, turn up the heat to medium-high and fry for 5 mins until nicely browned.
- Stir in the sprouts and cook for a further 10 mins, stirring occasionally to baste in the buttery bacon juices. Don’t worry about the sprouts browning – you want them to get nicely charred, it adds flavour.
- Add the dates and some seasoning, then cook for a further 3-4 mins, until the sprouts are tender but retain a little bite.
- Spoon the cooked sprouts, pancetta and dates onto a plate then top with the crumbled Odysea feta and serve immediately.
- TIP- All the components for this dish can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge leaving it to easily come together at the end.