Baked Feta with Roasted Tomatoes & Oregano
Feta has become a regular add-on to salads making its way to the ingredients' list of most recipes but there are so many other ways to cook and enjoy the popular Greek cheese.
Try baking a whole block of feta with root vegetables & a good drizzling of olive oil and oregano. Or smash the baked feta with a fork and mix it with the cherry tomatoes to make an instant pasta sauce!
- Preheat the oven at 200C.
- Use some foil to make a small parcel and rest the feta on.
- Use half of the sliced onion, placing some of the rings on the block of feta.
- Add a good drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of oregano.
- Seal the feta in the parcel and place it in a small baking tray at the centre of the oven.
- Pop a small vine of cherry tomatoes on the side of the tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until soft, opening the parcel for the last few minutes if you prefer a golden top.
- Serve with the roasted cherry tomatoes & few thyme leaves.