10 Minute Sticky Date Pudding
A cheat's take on a sticky toffee pudding, made in a fraction of the time but equally delicious.
It takes just 2 minutes to whisk these ingredients together and only 3 minutes to cook in the microwave.
Date molasses makes a delicious and healthier substitute for toffee sauce and is ready to pour straight from the bottle!
- For the sponge:
- 50g soft unsalted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g Odysea date molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- Zest of 1 orange
- 40g walnuts
- For the drizzle:
- 100ml of double cream
- A generous drizzle of Odysea Date Molasses
- A few whole walnuts for decoration
- Mix all the sponge ingredients (except the walnuts) together with an electric whisk and then fold in the chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased 1.2L plastic pudding bowl and microwave on HIGH for 2.5 to 3 minutes until cooked all the way through.
- Turn the pudding out onto a plate, top with the whole walnuts and pour the cream and date molasses over the top.
- Serve and eat immediately.